Thursday, January 10, 2013

Blueberry Cheese Rolls

I am sitting here enjoying one of my most favorite desserts EVER and I am so excited to be including this in my blog recipe box.  This is a recipe that I found a few years back that is very simple and yet so tasty. 

You already know that I love pumpkin, but I am also a HUGE blueberry fan.  I was trying to find some great blueberry recipes a while back and this is one that I came across and I have been making it ever since.  

Believe it or not though, I had actually forgotten about it and when I randomly thought about it today I went immediately to the grocery store after work and bought all of the ingredients.  I am so glad I did...and I even got my little sister, who is the world's pickiest eater, and her boyfriend, who hates blueberries and cream cheese he says, to try it and they kept eating until it was gone!  

Woo Hoo! Success!

I would suggest that you make sure you don't have too much company when you make these so that you have more for yourself.  I was a little disappointed that I only got one and had to share the other one with my hubby.  Sad day for me! 
Blueberry Cheese Rolls
Servings: 4  Calories: 322
You will need:
  • 1 tubes of reduced-fat crescent rolls
  • 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese (1/2 of a block)
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
Options:
  • sprinkle with powdered sugar before servings
  • substitute apples, cherries or other fruit for filling

Preheat oven to 375°F.  Mix together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. 
Spread the mixture evenly into the center of each rectangle.  Top with blueberries.  Pull opposite corners into the center and press together firmly.
Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake about 10 minutes or until golden brown.

Some of the cream cheese and blueberries may ooze out the sides, but don't worry, there will be plenty left to you to enjoy on the inside!
 
Click here for a printable version.

No comments:

Post a Comment