Tuesday, December 25, 2012

'Lil Man Mustache Bash {Baby Shower}

My friend Megan is having a boy! 
And we had a mustache bash for 'lil man!

A boy baby shower doesn't need too many decorations, but I still wanted to make it as cute as I could. Since mustaches are the fad right now, I ran into a lot of cute ideas for a Mustache Bash of a 'Lil Man shower and so I decided to go for it. 
I am glad I did because it turned out to be a super cute shower!
I LOVE name banners and I LOVE that I was able to pull this off!  I created ties with stripes, spots and diamonds, cut them out, put baby's name on them and hot glued them to a piece of yarn.  I tied dowel rods to each end of the yarn and used vases filled with sand (from my new pool going in out back) to keep them standing upright.  This worked amazingly!  The tie banner made a perfect centerpiece for the food table and background for the cake. 

And in case you are wondering, the baby's name is Cays, pronounced Case. 

Even though I have taken a few cake decorating classes myself, a friend of the momma-to-be volunteered to make the cake, and with my busy schedule right now and the holidays, I let her take it! 

She did a great job with the cake...and you can never go wrong with Hershey's Kisses...right?  I always like to add a few Kisses to the party.
Wet Your Whiskers! 

That is what the sign says next to the punch bowl...thought that was cute!
And what little man party is complete without ties and bow ties?  I folded napkins to look like bow ties and then cut small green strips of paper with pinking shears and taped them in place to complete the bow tie.  

So simple and they looked so much better than I thought they would.  I don't know if anyone actually used them or not, but whether they did or didn't, they were a great little accessory to lay around the tables.
Another simple, yet perfectly placed decoration...I took a few frames from the Dollar Tree and painted them in different colors of greens and blues to match the shower.  I then created mustache and bow tie prints on my computer to place inside the painted frames and put along the food and gift tables.  Simply...perfect!
And who doesn't have a photo booth now days?  Well, I didn't go all out on a photo booth, but I did make some mustache and glasses props with a disposable camera for the party guests to use.  A little chalkboard sign next to the items states "We mustache you to take a pic".  How cute is that? 

Of course, the younger guests had a blast playing with the props and taking pictures, but even some of the adults had a good time too...AND we got a picture of each of the great-grandmothers with a 'stache for the baby book.  What a great and funny memory to look back on!
Last, but definitely now least...the Food!  We had a brunch with bagels, fruit and juice, but you have to  have sweets at a baby shower. 

Sticking to the blue and green colored theme, I found some blue cotton candy ~ Yum!
A shower is not a shower without cake and PUNCH of course.  Now, I have made many different kinds of punch for many different types of showers and parties, but I have to say that my all time favorite punch, especially when serving cake, is sherbet and 7-Up.  I am unaware of any blue sherbet and so I chose lime and let me tell you...it was yummy as always!  Makes me want to make some right now!
Here are the invitations that I made last minute for the shower.  They turned out pretty good considering I had to create them, address them and get them sent out in less than two days!
And look at the cutie tie inserts that I made to go in the invitations.  These are to let guests know to bring a book instead of a card to the shower.  We did this for my sister-in-law a few years back and I really liked it.  Her baby girl had a great collection of books before she was even born!
We had a great time at the shower and it turned out to be pretty danged cute.  Hopefully you can use some of my ideas and creations to have a Mustache Bash of your own! 

1 comment: