Thursday, April 4, 2013

Jellybean Almond Bark {Easter Treat}

Does anyone have some left over jellybeans from Easter that you are still trying to figure out what to do with? 
 
Sure, you can jut eat them all by yourself as you sit at your desk all week at work, or while you are planted in front of the TV while riding out the spring rainy weather, OR you could make something fantastic and take it to work with you and share with others.  You could still keep it to your self if you would like, but I like sharing, especially when it comes to candy!  Otherwise I eat it all and then really regret it later.
 
Of course, you could also it for Easter itself, but it is a little late for this year so remember this for next year.  I know I sure will!

AND...You could also use M&M's or sprinkles if you don't like jellybeans.
Jellybean Almond Bark
You will need:
  • almond bark
  • jellybeans
Put as many cubes of almond bark as you want into a microwaveable bowl and place in the microwave for about 2 minutes or until the bark melts into a smooth liquid that is easy to pour, stopping every 30 seconds to stir.
Pour the almond bark liquid onto a sheet of parchment paper immediately before it cools.  I sat my parchment paper on a cookie sheet to make sure that I didn't make a mess, but you really don't need to do this if you don't want to.
Drop jellybeans onto your almond bark.  Use as many or as little as you like.  I did not do this myself, but would suggest that you go back and press the jellybeans into the almond bark a little bit so that when you start to break it into smaller pieces they jellybeans hopefully do  not fall out like mine did.
 Let it sit overnight or for several hours until cooled completely.  It will look the same afterwards as it did before it was cooled.
 You can then break it into bite sized pieces for all to enjoy!  Yum, doesn't that look good?  You could also add M&M's, Easter colored sprinkles or even some candy melts in various colors to make it even more tasty. 
Well, I made some bark and although I did keep some for myself, I placed some in the break room with this cute little note and by the time I looked again it was all gone!  I am sure glad that I got a bite of it before I put it in there...I had no idea that it would go this fast!
One of the best parts is that you can make as little or as much as you want and can add as many jellybeans and other treats as you want too!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment