Thursday, November 8, 2012

Skinny Cookies and Cream Shake

My husband is an Oreo fanatic...seriously, I cannot buy Oreos without him eating every single one of them before I even remember that I bought them.  Apparently he was this way as a kid too and his mom still refers to him as the cookie monster.  :)

I happen to like Oreos myself and so when I go to the pantry to get one and see that the entire package that I bought is completely empty and I didn't get a single one I get pretty irritated.  So this time, I made sure that my hubby knew that he COULD NOT eat all of the cookies because I had a special treat that I wanted to make for us when I found the time to do it.

Well, I finally found the time to modify a recipe for a Cookies and Cream Shake from the Weight Watchers website and made it even better for me!  And I have to say that I really, really enjoyed it and so did my husband!  There was just enough of the chocolaty round cookie that everyone loves to make this a special snack, but not enough to make me feel guilty about eating it.  And for those of you on Weight Watchers, this snack is only 3 WW Pts+.

Oh, and they don't have the reduced fat kind in Mint, but O-M-G, DO NOT try the mint if you don't want to be totally addicted to this!

All I can say is YUM!
Skinny Cookies and Cream Shake
You will need:
  • 2 cups light whipped topping
  • 1/2 cup skim milk
  • 1/8 tsp mint extract (optional)
  • 4 Reduced Fat Oreos (using only 3 makes it closer to 2 WW Pts+!)*


    *Now that they have a variety of flavored Oreos, you could get mint, peanut butter, pumpkin, birthday cake, berry or any other flavor they come up with, it just wouldn't be quite as "skinny".
Place topping, milk and extract into your blender until smooth.  Add cookies and blend a little longer until combined.  This recipe yields about 2 servings at ~1 cup each.  This is not a large serving, but just enough to satisfy that sweet craving I have sometimes.  You can always add more milk and whipped topping to make a bigger shake and only add a point or two.

Another thing that I really love is mint.  I love mint ice cream, mint cookies, mint cake...you name it.  BUT mint extract is strong and so I suggest that you start out with a small amount and taste your concoction before adding any more.  Even with my great love for anything flavored mint, I have accidentally put too much in a recipe before and ruined the entire batch! 

Hope you enjoy my new "skinny" treat!

~ Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment